Whether you ́re making or taking calls in English the structure should be similar.
● Hello, Ana speaking, how can I help you? (taking calls)
● Good morning, (company name), Emma speaking. How may I help you? (taking calls)
● Hi, my names Tom, I ́m calling from… (making calls)
● Good morning it ́s Eddie from… (making calls)
02. Giving reasons for calling
● I ́m calling about…
● I need to discuss/ talk about…
● Could you tell me…
● I wanted to ask if…
● I ́m calling for Sarah.
03. Asking for somebody and responses
● a) Can I speak to…
b) I ́m afraid she ́s not available at the moment, can I take a message?
● a) Is ……. available?
b) Sure, I ́ll put you through to him now.
● a) I need to speak with …please.
b) I ́m sorry they ́re not available at the moment, can I get them to call you back?
04. Checking information
● Can I ask who’s speaking?
● Can you spell that for me?
● Which company did you say you are calling from?
● So just to check…
05. Making arrangements
● Shall we say… (e.g. shall we say Thursday and 10am)
● Let’s say…
● Does … work for you?
● How about…
06. Leaving a message
● Can you please ask them to call me back as soon as possible?
● Can I leave a message?
● Can you give them a message please?
● Can you tell them…
07. Confirming the action of the call
● Is that everything? (taking calls)
● Can I help you with anything else? (taking calls)
● Okay so I ́m going to…
08. Saying goodbye
● Thanks so much for your help. (making calls)
● Thank you for calling. (taking calls)
● Thanks very much.
● Thank you for your time (making calls)